Botox®, Jeuveau™ and Daxxify™
Botox, Jeuveau (pronounced “Ja-voh’J and Daxxify are FDA-approved Botulinum toxin-A products that relax muscles and smooth wrinkles. Dr. Klein is one of the top physicians in the US using these popular medications and one of the first in the world to use Daxxify and Jeuveau.
When used appropriately, these products are the safest and most effective treatments for relaxation of facial lines and wrinkles. When injected into certain facial muscles they relax these muscles, thus smoothing out the wrinkles. Results typically last 3-6 months (up to 9 months for Daxxify).
National Botox Trainer and Jeuveau Consultant
Dr. Klein is a trainer for Allergan (the makers of Botox), a consultant and speaker for Evolus (the makers of Jeuveau), and a trainer and speaker for Revance (the makers of Daxxify.) She has been ranked among the top injectors of Jeuveau in the world, the top Botox injector among all dermatologists and plastic surgeons in Orange and San Diego Counties, a Black Diamond level aesthetic partner with Allergan and among the top 50 physicians in the U.S. using Botox, Juvederm, Voluma and Latisse.
Since 1997, Dr. Klein and her staff have used over 3 million units of these products.
Daxxify Before & After
A New Longer Lasting Botox Alternative
What are the differences between these products?
These products are all very similar and equally safe but with some slight differences:
- Botoxhas been the “gold standard” since 2002, takes 1-2 weeks for full effect and lasts 3-6 months (average 4 )
- Jeuveau is almostidentical to Botox but may show results sooner (2-7 days) and because it allows a little more deep muscle movement above the eyebrows, is favored by patients who want a more natural forehead Results last 3-6 months (average 4 months.)
- Daxxify lastslonger than Botox and Jeuveau, up to 6-9 months between the eyebrows (the “elevens”), plus results are seen faster than Botox. Because results last longer, patients save time by needing less visits and also looking better between their visits.
Dr. Klein believes in customizing each patient’s treatment. Your treatment will be Individually designed specifically for you. The number of units used is determined by the product, location of the wrinkles, strength of the muscles, and your previous results. We will always inform you of the fees before beginning any treatment and can adjust treatments based on your preferences.
Areas that can be treated:
- Creases between brows(the “11’s”
- Horizontalforehead lines
- Liftingcomers of mouth
- Neck-vertical bands/cords
- Jawlinecontour (Nefertiti lift)
- TMJ –to relieve pain and reduce clenching & grinding
- Sweating- Underarms, face and scalp
There is a relatively low incidence of side effects, all of which are temporary. These include:
- Lid Ptosis(drooping of the ) The incidence of this, although 1-3% in studies, has been less than 1 per 500- 1,000 treatments in our office. If it occurs, it typically resolves by 4-8 weeks. Eye drops are available to treat this.
- Brow Ptosis (lowering ofthe eyebrow.) This can occasionally occur after forehead treatments in patients who normally have low-set brows and unknowingly use their forehead muscles to hold up their brows..Ifthis has ever occurred, let us know and we can customize your treatment so that it can be avoided in the future.
- Bruisingcan occasionally occur at an injection
- A headache canrarely occur, usually due to a muscle spasm from the injection, not the It may last for 2-3 hours, rarely for several days. Tylenol or Advil can be taken after your treatment if this occurs.
Less bruising with Accuvein- we are one of the few offices in the U.S. to utilize this infrared technology to locate and avoid veins. This helps reduce the risk of bruising. Available upon request and for patients with a history of bruising.
- Avoidrubbing the areas for 4 hours after your
- Resultsmay appear sooner if you move your facial muscles within an hour after your We recommend 50 of each facial expression right after you leave the office. We can show you how to do this.
- Until we know your “perfect” dose, more units may be needed for optimal results. Schedule a touch-up appointment between 2-6weeks after your treatment if you feel you might need Charges are based on the number of units.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are considering Botox or have additional questions regarding treatment, call OC Dermatology at (949) 203-1808 today!