Daxxify™ – A Longer Lasting Botox Alternative
We are pleased to introduce Daxxify™–the only long-lasting, peptide-powered frown line treatment. OC Dermatology is one of the first exclusive providers to offer this innovative treatment. Call our office today to book your appointment and find out if Daxxify™ is right for you.
What is Daxxify™ and how is it different?
Daxxify™ is FDA approved to help smooth moderate to severe lines between the brows. It is the only long-lasting frown line treatment powered by a peptide with results that last on average 6 months and up to 9 months for some. *
Conventional injectables last 3 – 4 months and require up to 4 treatments a year to maintain results.
Nearly 90% of patients say they wish results lasted longer. With Daxxify™ you can keep your frown lines smoother for a full year with as few as 2 treatments. *
Daxxify Before & After
A New Longer Lasting Botox Alternative
*At least 50% of patients in clinical studies had no or minor frown lines 6 months after treatment. Between 3% and 5% of patients in clinical studies had no or minor frown lines 9 months after treatment. In other safety studies, between 5% and 17% of patients still had noticeable improvement 9 months later.
Why are peptides important?
All frown line treatments require a special ingredient to stabilize botulinum toxin A, the protein responsible for helping smooth moderate to severe frown lines. For instance, BOTOX® Cosmetic uses human serum albumin (HSA), a blood product, as its stabilizer. Dysport®, another frown line treatment, uses HSA as a stabilizer and cow’s milk protein as a protectant. Daxxify™ is unique because it is the only formulation that uses a novel peptide as a stabilizer and does not contain human or animal byproducts.
What are the differences between the 3 major neuromodulators?
These products are all very similar and equally safe but with some slight differences:
- Botox has been the “gold standard” since 2002, takes 1-2 weeks for full effect and lasts 3-6 months (average 4 )
- Jeuveau is almost identical to Botox but may show results sooner (2-7 days) and because it allows a little more deep muscle movement above the eyebrows, is favored by patients who want a more natural forehead Results last 3-6 months (average 4 months.)
- Daxxify lasts longer than Botox and Jeuveau, up to 6-9 months between the eyebrows (the “elevens”), plus results are seen faster than Botox. Because results last longer, patients save time by needing less visits and also looking better between their visits.
Dr. Klein believes in customizing each patient’s treatment. Your treatment will be Individually designed specifically for you. The number of units used is determined by the product, location of the wrinkles, strength of the muscles, and your previous results. We will always inform you of the fees before beginning any treatment and can adjust treatments based on your preferences.
Areas that can be treated:
- Creases between brows (the “11’s”)
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Crows feet
- Lifting comers of mouth
- Gummy Smile
- Lip Lines
- Neck-vertical bands/cords
- Jaw line contour (Nefertiti lift)
- TMJ –to relieve pain and reduce clenching & grinding
- Sweating- Under arms, face and scalp
National Botox Trainer and Jeuveau Consultant
Dr. Klein is a trainer for Allergan (the makers of Botox), a consultant and speaker for Evolus (the makers of Jeuveau), and a trainer and speaker for Revance (the makers of Daxxify.) She has been ranked among the top injectors of Jeuveau in the world, the top Botox injector among all dermatologists and plastic surgeons in Orange and San Diego Counties, a Black Diamond level aesthetic partner with Allergan and among the top 50 physicians in the U.S. using Botox, Juvederm, Voluma and Latisse.
Since 1997, Dr. Klein and her staff have used over 3 million units of these products.
Watch Dr. Klein Perform a Daxxify Injection
There is a relatively low incidence of side effects, all of which are temporary. These include:
- Lid Ptosis (drooping of the eyelids) – The incidence of this, although 1-3% in studies, has been less than 1 per 500- 1,000 treatments in our office. If it occurs, it typically resolves by 4-8 weeks. Eye drops are available to treat this.
- Brow Ptosis (lowering of the eyebrow) – This can occasionally occur after forehead treatments in patients who normally have low-set brows and unknowingly use their forehead muscles to hold up their brows. If this has ever occurred, let us know and we can customize your treatment so that it can be avoided in the future.
- Bruising can occasionally occur at an injection
- A headache can rarely occur, usually due to a muscle spasm from the injection, not the It may last for 2-3 hours, rarely for several days. Tylenol or Advil can be taken after your treatment if this occurs.
Less bruising with Accuvein- we are one of the few offices in the U.S. to utilize this infrared technology to locate and avoid veins. This helps reduce the risk of bruising. Available upon request and for patients with a history of bruising.
- Avoid rubbing the areas for 4 hours after your
- Results may appear sooner if you move your facial muscles within an hour after your We recommend 50 of each facial expression right after you leave the office. We can show you how to do this.
- Until we know your “perfect” dose, more units may be needed for optimal results. Schedule a touch-up appointment between 2-6weeks after your treatment if you feel you might need Charges are based on the number of units.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are considering Botox or have additional questions regarding treatment, call OC Dermatology at (949) 203-1808 today!