With GentleLase® Laser the Gold Standard in Laser Hair Removal
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is the fastest, safest, and most permanent way of removing unwanted hair. We use the Gentlelase Laser, which is the most advanced and safest of the hair removal lasers available. This laser utilizes a cold spray in conjunction with laser light to maximize results while minimizing side effects.
A Nationally Recognized Leader
Dr. Lorrie Klein’s rare combination of technical expertise and aesthetic sensibility puts her at the forefront of dermatologists nationwide. Dr. Klein’s reputation for providing natural-looking results is why she’s the choice of women and men from throughout Southern California and beyond.
Face, bikini, underarms, legs, arms, backs, chests, and other areas can be treated.
- Treatments usually need to be repeated every 1-2 months for approximately 1 year. After that time the amount of hair present will be reduced for up to 1 year or more, and most hair loss will be permanent. Facial hair can sometimes require 6 or more treatments and may need touch-ups in the future.
- No anesthesia is needed, but topical anesthetic gel may be used for sensitive areas such as bikini lines. Do not apply topical anesthetic except as directed by our office.
- No pretreatment or after-laser care is usually needed, other than sunscreens of an SPF of at least 30.
- Areas to be treated cannot be waxed, plucked, or bleached for 4 weeks prior to treatment. Shaving is okay and should be done the night before or morning of the procedure. The only exception is facial hair, which should NOT be shaved for several days prior to your treatment.
- Only brown and black hair can be treated. Blond, red and white hair will not respond to treatment.
- You should not be tan for your treatment or following laser treatment (3 weeks before or after your treatment.) Treatment of recently tanned skin could possibly result in permanent color loss or hyperpigmentation (brown color). Sunscreens should be used after treatments.
- Darker skin color can appear after any laser treatment. This is usually temporary.
- Hair loss may be permanent after 1 year but retreatments may be necessary.
- Fees are charged for each treatment and are based on location of area treated or length of treatment.
Real Patients. Real Results.
We provide photos of our patients because we think the results speak for themselves. Browse our digital photo gallery of real patients online to discover the possibilities.