Clear + Brilliant® (C+B) laser skin resurfacing treatments at our Orange County clinic fill the gap in rejuvenation treatments between topical skin care products and more powerful lasers, such as Fraxel®. C+B is designed to help skin with early signs of aging or mild sun damage look more radiant and feel smoother.If you want to refresh your look with maintenance laser skin resurfacing near Newport Beach, request a consultation with OC Dermatology, or call our office at (949) 363-1788 to schedule an appointment.
A Nationally Recognized Leader
Dr. Lorrie Klein’s rare combination of technical expertise and aesthetic sensibility puts her at the forefront of dermatologists nationwide. Dr. Klein’s reputation for providing natural-looking results is why she’s the choice of women and men from throughout Southern California and beyond.
Good Candidates for Clear + Brilliant
Ideal for patients in their 20s, 30s and 40s, it can also be used at any age for comfortable, fast, effective and affordable skin care in Laguna Niguel. All skin types (fair, dark, olive, etc.) can be safely treated and anyone who wants to treat their face, neck, dcollet©, or hands can chose Clear + Brilliant. The treatment:
- Improves texture and tone to produce softer, smoother, more radiant skin
- Minimizes pores
- Lightens brown discolorations and melasma and helps prevent their recurrence
- Prevents early signs of aging and maintains youthful-looking skin
- Can be used for maintenance after Fraxel and other more powerful laser treatments
Clear + Brilliant® Before & After
How does Clear + Brilliant Work?
Clear + Brilliant is a gentle laser that refreshes your skin from the inside out. The laser energy creates millions of microscopic treatment zones, replacing damaged skin with healthy, younger looking tissue. Think of it as “Fraxel Lite.” It does not penetrate as deep as Fraxel re:store®, but it’s faster and more comfortable, with virtually no downtime. It is much more effective than microdermabrasion and light peels because it penetrates deeper into the skin than they do. Patients often combine Clear + Brilliant laser treatments with other skin rejuvenation treatments, such as:
- Ultherapy® to tighten the lower face and neck and lift brows
- Pelleve™ to tighten the thinner skin close to the eyes and lips
- Isolaz to improve your acne before your C+B treatments
- Vbeam® Laser to remove redness and blood vessels.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic and fillers (Juvederm®, Restylane®, RADIESSE®, Sculptra® Aesthetic & Bellafill®) to improve deep lines and wrinkles.
How many treatments will I need and how often should I be treated?
For the best results, 6 treatments are recommended initially, every 2 to 4 weeks. We recommend one C+B treatment every 2 to 3 months after your initial 6 treatments. After Fraxel re:store® or Fraxel CO2 re:pair® laser treatments, we recommend one C+B treatment every 2 to 3 months.
What Should I Expect?
Most people feel some heat-related discomfort associated with the treatment. This discomfort is temporary and can be minimized with numbing gel applied before the treatment. Most treatments last just 20 to 30 minutes. Mild swelling and redness could last from a few hours to a few days. Your skin may feel like sandpaper for up to a week, rarely longer. You can usually resume work or your daily routine immediately after treatment.
Real Patients. Real Results.
We provide photos of our patients because we think the results speak for themselves. Browse our digital photo gallery of real patients online to discover the possibilities.
Before Your Treatment
Prior to your treatment, there are a few things to remember:
- Stop retinoids and glycolic acid products for 1 week before and avoid tanning.
- As with most lasers, you should not be tan when you have this treatment and you should not get tan for at least several weeks afterwards.
- If you are trying to lighten pigmentation, including melasma, we recommend using a skin lightening agent (we can recommend one) for at least 2 weeks prior to your treatment and to continue using after your treatments to help prevent the pigmentation from returning.
- Patients should arrive prior to their treatment (unless instructed otherwise) to apply a topical numbing gel 30 minutes before, which makes the procedure very comfortable. Some C+B treatments do not require numbing gel.